Sunday, January 27, 2008

Holy Tenacity

God spoke to me about this phrase "Holy Tenacity" before i left for service. Simon preached about this years ago when i was still under him. actually to me it is a very foreign word la.. if he dont preach about it then probably till now i also wont know about this word. that shows my WIDE range of vocabulary. what happen was my mother was watching this very old army show on cable tv today before i go service. then i was silently praying to God about my army.. 2 more months.. God how??? actually i was feeling very empty and insecure at the moment i received the enlistment letter..



LIM CHU KANG SUNGEI GUDONG CAMP



who in the right state of mind goes to LCK? people only go once a year.. to sweep tomb(扫墓). other than that the only person whom i know goes there is HugeBert Tay because his camp is over there.. which i am so thankful that i got a 8-yr friendship with hubert tay because he kindly suggested we go home together after my first reporting day.. haiz.. 2 hours journey.. u know what?? i search www.streetdirectory.com and try to find the shortest route from my house to that camp and it shows "No Route Found".. i dont feel very positive about this..



back to the word God gave me.. what is holy tenacity.. holy means from God.. tenacity.. i cant explain so i check the online dictionary..



TENACITY: THE QUALITY OR STATE OF BEING TENACIOUS (obviously it is not helping)

TENACIOUS: PERSISTENT IN MAINTAINING, ADHERING TO, OR SEEKING SOMETHING VALUED OR DESIRED.



so God is telling me about being persistent.. know what you want in army and work for it.. if i am going to go in with the attitude of -aiya slack la.. try to find a way to siam all the hard work la..- then i will be stagnant and i will be useless. i dont wanna be useless and i dont wan to be stagnant.. especially my pay.. my pay must be the fastest rising thing in army.. not my weight.. haha.. so i am going to work so hard.. and i pray for holy tenacity.. GODLIKE IMBA TENACITY!! haha.. i wan to be good.. i wan to be excellent!!


i know old bird(老鸟) army people will come mocking now.. aiya sure slack one la.. u tink u who.. superman or spiderman.. siao on also got limit one la..


sorry my 老鸟 friends.. i am going to work hard.. not siao on but work hard.. i just wan a good testimonial when i leave that place and perhaps go to the police force or NIE.. i know what i wan and i will work hard for what i want! i even wanna get a degree part time when i am in there.. so dont mess around with me.. RARR!!




Dear Holy Spirit,

pls give me a holy tenacity and determination when i go to that place. i dont wan to slack, i dont wan to be tired easily but increase my capacity and mental strength to handle whatever comes my way. i have a vision and i have goals and i need your empowerment.. come and be the wind beneath my wings!

in Jesus name,
AMEN!


*people who reads this, pls pray for my mum. tmr we are celebrating her birthday but she is sick, down with fever and lost her voice. this woman gave her life for me.. she did so much for me and the family so if u are my friend, my mummy deserve your prayers!! thank you!

No comments: